Working with Builders in Livingston County
What You Can Do to Help
For most home owners in the Ann Arbor area working with builders is a new experience. As with all new experiences, you might be wondering what to expect, what you can do to help and what questions you should askbuilders in Livingston County. Below are some things to consider before, during and after your custom construction project is complete.
Before Construction Begins:
- Large custom construction projects can be disruptive – consider whether or not you and your pets might be more comfortable moving out for the duration of the project.
- Clear the area where the builders will be working – remover furniture, books, clothing and any other possessions that could be damaged during the construction process. If you are unable to remove items, cover them to ensure that they are protected.
- Clear areas that the builders may need to use in order to access the construction site.
- Ask questions prior to construction to ensure that you fully understand the scope of the project
- Try not to change your mind during the job as it can increase both cost and time needed to complete the project.
- Trust your builder. You took the time to research and select reputable builders in Livingston County. Remember they are professionals.
- Ask questions during the construction process to ensure that your goals are fully realized by the builder. It’s easier to remedy a mis-communication during construction that it is after the project has been completed.
- Review the work, refer back to the contract and bring any concerns that you might have to the builder’s attention
- Once you are satisfied with the project and agree that the results meet the specifications of your contract, pay any and all monies owed to the builder